Emerald has been officially named as the colour of the Spring 2013 season. From budding leaves to wisps of grass, everything is green -and fashion and beauty are no exception. Are you going green?
The spring trends for 2013 are bringing refreshing changes for this season. Emerald has been recently confirmed as the Pantone colour of the season and so many designers have incorporated cool tones of the Pantone scale into their collections.
How to embrace the look without going over the top:
– Pair a monochromatic emerald garment (pants, top, dress) with a citrus tone or cobalt blue.
– If you are not feeling adventurous, try it with neutral tones, like black, white and camel or nude.
– If you hate total colours, a good solution would be to wear green-based patterns.
– Accessories are another way to wear green. Turquoise and emerald clutches are huge this season, as well as emerald jewellery.
– And don’t forget: even if this season is all about individuality, try not to be too matchy-matchy with your choices.
1. Top, Michael Michael Kors
2. Earrings, Kenneth Jay Lane
3. Perfume, Un Jarding sur le Toit – Hermés
4. Sandals, Charlotte Olympia
5. Emerald and diamond ring, Patseas
6. Tote bag, Jil Sander
7. Dress, Lanvin
8. iphone case, Givenchy
9. Sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana
More beauty picks
theCODE Magazine (Archive) | Issue 04 – May 2013
Featured photo credit: Anja Rubik by Mario Testino for Vogue Paris, March 2013